temperature graph   global Warming      
 Fudge Factor Replaces Science 
 
 Saturation Precludes 
 
     
Gary Novak

Global Warming Home

Alphabetical Page List

Temperature Effects

Equilibrium in Atmosphere

Radiative Transfer Equations

Fudge Factor

Saturation

Greenhouse Gas Mathematics

Temperature Measurements

Recent History

Stefan-Boltzmann

Firing Scientists

Acid in the Oceans

Heinz Hug Measurement

Methane is Weaker


                

 
White Hot Metals

 
We are supposedly walking on the heat of white hot metals, according to the official science of climatology.

This fact is found in the Kiehl-Trenberth model (1997), as referred to in the IPCC documents. This image shows the numbers used by climatologists:

     radiation numbers

The model shows the energy distribution as it leaves the surface of the earth. It shows 79% of the energy to be in the form of radiation, with the remaining 21% as conduction and evaporation (350+40168+324=0.79). White hot metals would not easily emit 79% radiation in an atmospheric environment.

A slight correction was produced sometime later with the NASA energy budget, which shows 41% radiation. This amount is still in the area of white hot metals.

Recently, however, NASA changed their energy distribution scheme to look exactly like the Kiehl-Trenberth model with slight updating showing the same 79% radiation emitted by the surface of the earth. This means the 79% number is totally locked in as the official amount of radiation leaving the surface of the earth.

This radiation is used to determine global warming, as the radiation is absorbed by carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. Any error in the number is error in the temperature increase.

There would be about 1-3% radiation in the average energy leaving from the ground (at 15C), and somewhat less leaving from the oceans. The net average would be around 1%. This means an error factor of 41 or 79 (4100% or 7900%) in the claimed determination of temperature increase due to greenhouse gases.

Nothing exposed to the air gives off anything close to 79% radiation. White hot metals would give off about 30 to 70 percent radiation when exposed to the atmosphere. So why did the Kiehl-Trenberth model show 79% radiation? Because the Stefan-Boltzmann constant was applied to the result. The Stefan-Boltzmann constant shows about 20 times too much radiation at normal temperatures. There was no way to get the numbers to add up when using the Stefan-Boltzmann constant without showing something close to 79% radiation.

Climatologists claim to have the primary effect by CO2 determined with about 1% error. Their published deviation is 41%-79% for radiation, which is minimally 93% error (79-4141=93%). A deviation of 93% for a claimed accuracy of 1% errors shows that there is no real method of analysis. The entire subject is totally contrived.

 

 

           
 
gbwm